Tuesday 8 September 2015

Everything,Everything By Nicola Yoon.

                                                          Everything,Everything by Nicola Yoon.
 
Published September 1st 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
 Hardcover320 pages
Genres: Ya, Contemporary.

 My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.


But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.



Wow, this book blew me away.The characters and the unique story line is quite interesting and held my breathe throughout the novel.

The novel focuses on a young woman who is stuck inside as result of her illness, being allergic to almost everything.Seclusion leads her to be intrigued by the boy next door,this story sounds cliche right ? But the characters truly held their own , Mara was a character I could relate to , being immersed by books as result of a lackluster life she lived so far.She is smart and held her own opinion to a high standard, something I admired. Olly is much different from the cliche boy next door, he himself was not a 2d romantic interest, but a layered character with a life much different from Mara but yet felt connected to her.We get to see a piece of his life , through Mara's windows , and yet never fully understand the details of the situations, and I okay with that.Carla is refreshing character who truly understood and cared for Mara , even as her nurse, she was funny and a character who held Mara  together at times throughout the novel.

The writing in this novel is beyond beautiful,creating a nice flow and created some wonderful quotes throughout the book.



The plot was fantastic, however in the middle of the novel was a bit slow, but I personal enjoyed the time the author took to develop not only Mara character by her surroundings and her new found feelings she has for Olly. I love seeing her go through this transition of weird butterfly feelings even though it seem a bit childish.Near the end the action did pick up and I was all over the place, ahh it was amazing.A few plot holes did emerged by the end of this but I did not mind them at all.What I truly admire from Nicola Yoon , is the diversity she included in this book. Mostly contemporary books lacks Poc Characters and to see characters from various backgrounds puts a smile on my face ,finally seeing some changes in books to make it more diverse and relate able for everyone and not a select few.
All in all this book was quite amazing, and enjoyable read with adorable characters with layered lives,this truly is a remarkably novel , a must read for 2015.I recommend picking this book up if you enjoy Rainbow Rowell books with awesome diverse characters who are very relate able.

I give this book a 4.5 cute kittens/ 5, for its mesmerizing writing and an out sounding plot with amazing characters to give this novel some life.I took a .5 off because of the plot holes but nevertheless, this is book everyone should pickup this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment